Data and code from "Decoupling of rates of ecomorphological evolution and speciation in shorebirds (Charadriiformes)" by Reiss et al.
These zip files contain all data and code required to run analyses in the paper "Decoupling of rates of ecomorphological evolution and speciation in shorebirds (Charadriiformes)" by Reiss et al. The paper focuses on testing correlations between rates of trait evolution (specifically beak size and shape, and body size) and rates of speciation. The analysis pipeline includes running geometric morphometric analysis of beak morphology, fitting variable rate trait models to the ecomorphological data, estimating speciation rate heterogeneity, and finally correlating rates in comparison to a simple null model. Descriptions of main analysis steps relating to each zip file are provided in the README file. Note that each zip file relates to a distinct step in the analysis pipeline. Data and analysis files are duplicated in some cases
ERC Consolidator Grant 615709 Project ‘ToLERates’ to G.H.T
Royal Society University Research Fellowship to G.H.T. (URF\R\180006)
Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship (ECF-2018-101) to C.R.C
Natural Environment Research Council Independent Research Fellowship (NE/T01105X/1) to C.R.C.
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files
- There is a file including methodology, headings and units, such as a readme.txt