Data for: Assessing ice sheet models against the landform record: The Likelihood of Accordant Lineations Analysis (LALA) tool
- thk - ice thickness
- uvel - ice velocity in the x direction
- vvel - ice velocity in the y direction
- mask - a mask of ice cover
NetCDF file of a model simulation of the former British Irish Ice Sheet.
The folder is provided as a .tar.gz file. This can be uncompressed using a command (linux) such as: tar -xf archive.tar.gz or in Windows using 7zip.
Within the folder is output from a numerical model simulation of the former British Irish Ice Sheet, modelled using PISM: https://www.pism.io/
The netcdf file contains several variables, output every 100 years:
This can be viewed using the ncview software and manipulated in python using packages such as netCDF4 and xarray.
PALGLAC - funding from the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (Grant agreement No. 787263)
A novel approach to constraining ice sheet models with glacial geomorphology
Natural Environment Research CouncilFind out more...
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The uploaded data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files