Data.zip (433.03 MB)
Data for paper "An image-based kinematic model of the tibiotalar and subtalar joints and its application to gait analysis in children with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis"
Version 3 2020-04-09, 22:35
Version 2 2019-05-12, 21:53
Version 1 2019-01-23, 09:48
datasetposted on 2020-04-09, 22:35 authored by Erica Montefiori, Luca ModeneseLuca Modenese, Roberto Di MarcoRoberto Di Marco, Silvia Magni-Manzoni, Clara Malattia, Maurizio Petrarca, Anna Ronchetti, Laura Tanturri de Horatio, Pieter van Dijkhuizen, Anqi Wang, Stefan Wesarg, Marco Viceconti, Claudia Mazza
This deposit contains data for reproducing the results reported in the paper "An image-based kinematic model of the tibiotalar and subtalar joints and its application to gait analysis in children with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis".
The folder "Repeatability Study" contains two sub folders:
1. "Fitting3x3" with data relative to three subjects (P1,P2,P3). For each subject, the foot bone geometries are in "Geometries"; the surfaces used for fitting and the output of fitting are in "Fitting results", where nine repetitions are available (3x3operators).
NB1: the surface called talonavicular.stl was selected onto the proximal surface of the navicular bone instead of the distal talus surface as described in the paper methodology. This choice was dictated by the impossibility of selecting correctly the talar surface on some of the segmented geometries, due to poor quality. However, testing the two approaches on a subset of subjects, proved equivalent results when building the joint axis from one or the other surface.
NB2: the file Fitted_geometries.txt contains a list of points output from the fitting in Matlab and useful to build the joint reference systems. The point X_cylinder is only randomly assigned at this stage and needs to be relocated in NMSBuilder environment according to the instructions desctibed in the modelling Guide.
2. "RepeatabilityKinematicsP3" containing "Inputdata" for the subject with worst repeatability results with trc files for a standing and a walking trial; "OpemsimModels3x3" with nine repetitions (3x3operators) of the opensim model of that subject.
The folder "Models for analysis" contains forty sub folders, relative to the two limbs of the twenty enrolled subjects. Each folder contains the opensim model of the foot and ankle and a sub folder with the full lower limb model, geometries, trc data, and results of IK simulations in opernsim.
EPSRC: EP/K03877X/1 and EUROPEAN COMMISSION - FP7: MDPAEDIGREE - 600932
- The project has ethical approval and have included the number in the description field
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- There is a readme.txt file describing the methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files