OpenFest 2023 Sheffield Showcase session recording: Open research: methods and contexts
Recording of the session 'Open research: methods and contexts' from the OpenFest 2023 Sheffield Showcase', which took place on 6 September 2023 and which brought together researchers from the University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University to discuss open research practice.
Comprising the following talks:
Chris Damm (Sheffield Hallam University), The opportunities and challenges of using open-source data to map the voluntary sector
Matthew Hanchard (University of Sheffield), A sociotechnical regime is emerging around open science, but what does that mean for qualitative researchers?
Marika Grasso (Sheffield Hallam University), Lightning talk: Art practice research: Sharing materialities using open research practices
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files