OpenFest 2023 Sheffield Showcase session recording: The University of Sheffield Open Research Prize 2023 - Winners’ showcase
Recording of the session 'The University of Sheffield Open Research Prize 2023 - Winners’ showcase' at the OpenFest 2023 Sheffield Showcase, which took place on 6 September 2023 and which brought together researchers from the University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University to discuss open research practice.
Comprising the following talks:
Winners and runners up of the University of Sheffield Open Research Prize discuss their award-winning projects and good practice in the field of open research.
- Dr Harry Wright, Department of Chemistry - Developing a free and open source low-cost alternative for measuring polyurethane foam reaction kinetics
- Sylvia Whittle (Research Software Engineering) and Laura Wiggins (Materials Science and Engineering) - Developing open source software aligned with the FAIR4RS principles: The TopoStats project
- Andy Tattersall (Sheffield Centre for Health and Related Research) (joining remotely) - Conducting research into the prevalence of Wikipedia citation of open access sources
- Ana Méndez de Andés (joining remotely) - Using the Open Science Framework to share research data and contextual materials for a study on urban commons
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files