Diagnostic accuracy of early biomarkers for acute coronary syndrome (ACS) (2012)
Background: Current practice for suspected ACS involves troponin testing 10-12 hours after symptom onset to diagnose myocardial infarction (MI).
Aim: To estimate the diagnostic accuracy of early biomarkers
for MI to determine if an earlier, accurate decision was possible
Rationale: Early discharge of patients with no or low risk of ACS will result in cost savings and reduced healthcare and patient burden.
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files