ISPOR_Nov_15_Abu (1).pdf (449.2 kB)
Methods to account for follow-up time differences when calculating QALYs from randomised controlled trials (ISPOR 18th Annual European Congress 8-11 November 2015)
posterposted on 2020-02-27, 00:05 authored by Abualbishr Alshreef, Eldon SpackmanEldon Spackman
Methods for calculating quality-adjusted life years (QALY) are well developed and employed in economic evaluations alongside randomised controlled trials (RTCs)1 2 3 4 5 .
However, patient follow-up does not always occur at the same time and the effect of these time differences in collecting EQ-5D data on QALY calculations has not been tested.
The objective of this study was to assess different methods for estimating the differences in follow-up time when calculating QALYs from EQ-5D data collected alongside RCTs.
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files