RSS2015.pdf (3.31 MB)
Optimizing route choice in Mini-mountain marathons (RSS Annual Conference 7-10 September 2015)
posterposted on 2020-02-27, 00:06 authored by Peter DoddPeter Dodd
Mini-mountain marathons are long-course score orienteering races over hilly terrain. Finding the best route is an NP-hard
combinatorial optimization problem known as the Orienteering Problem.
This study's objective was about whether top finishers took similar routes, whether speed or route-planning acumen was more important, and how close to optimal route choice was by experienced competitors.
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files