Presentation-SPHR-Publicinfluence-AB.pdf (1.06 MB)
Increasing participation and influence in local decision-making
presentationposted on 2020-11-20, 12:05 authored by Amy Barnes
These are presentation slides illustrating the findings from a systematic evidence review on increasing participation and influence in local decision-making in Europe.
Key points include that we need to be clearer about
how participatory initiatives work - recognising they
are about relationships, politics, power.
'More effective' elements identified as to prioritise for action include: developing spaces for participation and learning, strengthening collective capacities for influencing, developing relationships, changing institutional practices in was that legitimise public knowledge, and long-term commitments to involvement.
NIHR SPHR grant
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files