Challenges of Complexity and Resilience in Complex Engineering Systems
ENCORE network+ white paper
The paper first argues the necessity for a common understanding of complex systems in an engineering context and the factors that make resilience such a central topic in these systems. Definitions are provided for both. The paper then concentrates on the challenges and opportunities for research in the field, citing and expanding on four main challenges, including system evolution, increasing complexity, design for resilience and resilienceperformance tensioning.
Engineering Complexity Resilience Network Plus
Engineering and Physical Sciences Research CouncilFind out more...
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files