Open Research Case Study: Alice Pyne and the TopoStats team - Developing open source software aligned with the FAIR4RS principles: The TopoStats project
Case study detailing the open research practices for which Dr Pyne and the TopoStats team received the University of Sheffield Open Research Prize 2023 (team category).
This prize was awarded for the team's work on TopoStats, an open source software tool in the Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) field which adheres to the FAIR4RS (FAIR for Research Software) principles.
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files