OpenResCaseStudiesSchneiderSmith_V1_20210916.pdf (202.14 kB)
Open Research Case Study: Creating new data with parkrun
reportposted on 2021-10-14, 14:41 authored by Paul Schneider, Robert Smith
Paul Schneider and Robert Smith are PhD students in the Wellcome Trust DTC for Public Health, Economics & Decision Science. They found their first-year research attachment with ‘parkrun UK’ so interesting, they continued to work on it even after they moved on to their PhD research. They tell us more about their work with the organisation that has encouraged thousands of people across the UK to take up the weekly challenge of a 5km run or walk.
This case study focuses on their approach to open research using open access publications, open data and open source code.
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files