Recording protocol for the identification and study of archaeological dolphin remains in the Sultanate of Oman
This document is a research protocol for the study of odontocete remains from archaeological contexts. It has been designed for work on prehistoric remains from the coastal region of the Sultanate of Oman, but it can be easily adapted to other regions and chronologies.
The online publication of this preliminary version of the protocol is meant to:
- supply zooarchaeologists who are approaching the study of odontocete remains with useful information they can use in their work.
- allow for discussion odontocete recording practice; feedback and discussion on the current document will be used to improve it and new versions will be uploaded when substantial changes will have been implemented.
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The uploaded data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files