Terms for access to closed data (sensitive data not openly available)
The attached file contains text which clarifies the access arrangements that are in place for an item deposited in the University of Sheffield's ORDA data repository where 'Closed data' is selected in the licence field.
It explains that while the item cannot be shared openly due to the sensitive nature of the data, it may still be possible to request access. Potential users of the data are directed to refer to the data's ORDA record and/or contact the data owner for details of if and how this may be possible.
Please note that this text is not in itself a licence, but provides guidance on how to ascertain the possibility of accessing the data in question.
The text of the attached file is also copied below for information:
- There is no personal data or any that requires ethical approval
- The data complies with the institution and funders' policies on access and sharing
Sharing and access restrictions
- The uploaded data can be shared openly
- The file formats are open or commonly used
Methodology, headings and units
- Headings and units are explained in the files