The University of Sheffield Octagon Centre.
At the time this was a new initiative, the purpose of which was threefold:
On 14 June 2016 we ran a one-day conference in the Octagon Centre that was designed specifically for professionals who support research and/or innovation activities – for professionals based in academic departments, in faculties, in Professional Services and in research centres and institutes.
- To Increase awareness and understanding of our ambition and strategic direction on research and innovation within a challenging climate, and the critical contribution that individual professionals make and need to make to this
- To share and increase knowledge throughout the R&I professional community – of respective roles, perspectives, systems, processes, topics
- To increase a tangible sense of belonging to a wider community
The three themes
There were three underlying themes of the conference:
- Big Picture & Strategy – How professionals can help with the transformation of strategic R&I ambitions
- Managerial & Operational – Technical and operational dimensions, for example new R&I support systems and processes, impact, public engagement, PGR, scholarly communication
- Professional Development & Wellbeing – For example, how to be productive not busy, collaboration and culture change
The full programme of events can be found here.